Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today Show

Today I(Sara) was working, when I got a call saying to go upstairs to do a zipline tour, so I did. Ziplines are kind of like flying foxes but you're harnessed in and don't need to hang on. There are 5 runs on Grouse of varying lengths and speeds and over various kinds of terrain. It turned out that the tour was for NBC and will be on the Today show which is some show in America (and SkyTV I think? Maybe not) and it will be used as the worldwide olympic promo, and NBC has the biggest worldwide coverage of the olympics. So hopefully they don't cut me out, and you might get to see me. They are filiming the Today Show throughout the olympics at Grouse so I guess they might get more footage, but hopefully not! I didn't get to take any photos, but this is basically what it looked like:

That's me and Scott Swann, who is a reporter from Indianapolis. I'm not sure why someone from there is filming it. I don't even know where that is.
Ziplining was so cool. It was great weather to do it. Since we've been working there we've had nothing but sunshine, so it was an awesome view over all of Vancouver and the harbour. On one line you go 80km per hour and travel for about 1 min, and you traverse this valley so you're up quite high, about 100m. Its definitley my favourite thing on the mountain so far, and would totally be worth paying the $100 or so for it.
So keep a look out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment